Frequently Asked Questions
How do I select the right pool builder?
Here are a few things to consider when interviewing pool builders:
- What is the pool builder's reputation in the community?
- Can the company provide you with reliable references or customer testimonials?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Is the company in good standing with your local building, business, and consumer organizations?
- Have they won consumer or business awards for their work?
- Will the pool builder provide you with a clear written estimate?
- Will they finish the project on time?
- Is the company financially stable and has a long track record?
- Will the company be careful with the surrounding area around your new pool?
- Will they keep your property clean and safe throughout the building process?
- Will the pool builder clean up and leave your yard in good enough shape to enjoy your new pool?
Will a pool increase the value of my home?
Yes. Studies have shown that a pool increases the value of your home anywhere between 7% and 15%, depending on your location. It should also continue to increase in value throughout the years, just like your home should. The Amherst area’s real estate is relatively strong, and your new pool will help build equity.
How much work is involved in owning and caring for a swimming pool?
Pool maintenance used to be a chore, but with today's technology, owning a swimming pool is a lot more fun than work. Maintenance is now much easier than before. Chemical testing and maintenance, cleaning, filtration and heating can all be automated. Automatic pool cleaners and various sanitizing devices also help to make your pool simple to maintain. Automatic pool covers also can keep out leaves and debris, not only making clean-up time shorter, but safer too.
How should I decide on the design of my pool?
Zaber Pools of Amherst offers a wide range of pool design solutions and will work with you to design the perfect family fun center. With our iPad Pool Tool, we will show you a huge variety of pool design solutions we've created for other numerous happy customers. We can help by providing creative solutions to fit your backyard and your needs. We don't just stop at the pool; we offer designs for coping, tiling, and surrounding stone or concrete walkways.
What types of pools are the most popular?
Our top two types of pools are Shotcrete and vinyl. Both can be custom-designed and built to suit your needs. Shotcrete pools offer a resort feel and with proper care can last much longer than any other type. Vinyl pools are less expensive than Shotcrete, are customizable, come in a wide variety of patterns, and are easy on your feet.
Do you install pool accessories?
Zaber Pools of Amherst knows how to outfit your new pool with the kind of items that will truly make it a family fun center. We can design and install all sorts of water fountains to give your pool that "destination" feel. We also have designed our enormously successful "sunsteps" that are great for both adults and kids. Have an athletic family? We can install water sport items like a mounted basketball hoop as well as a cross-pool volleyball net. For that twilight romantic look, we can install multi-colored LED lights that give your new pool a resort feel. These are just some of the options that can take your new pool to a higher level.
Contact us now if you're interested in a new pool and let Zaber Pools of Amherst answer any question you may have!